What to expect during a Sunday morning church service:
- Each service begins with a brief call to worship, followed by announcements of upcoming opportunities and ways to connect.
- We spend 20-30 minutes worshiping God in song, incorporating a celebration of Communion / the Lord’s Supper, when everyone present is invited to participate in this remembrance of Christ Jesus’s love and sacrifice for us.
- Children are then invited to transition to Sunday School in our fellowship hall.
- A 20-30 minute biblical and practical sermon is then given.
- At the close of the service, there is an opportunity to respond to the Holy Spirit during what we call “ministry time”, whether through silent, personal prayer or praying with someone else.
- People are welcome to stay and visit with one another after the service (and many do!)
- Once a month we enjoy a potluck lunch together immediately after our worship service.
- Special family-style services are held on Easter Sunday, Christmas Eve, and 5th Sundays (Testimony Sunday).
- We celebrate the primary sacraments of the Christian Church – Communion / the Lord’s Supper, and Baptism.
Please click here to discover more about our Vineyard mission, values, objectives, and statement of faith.
Growing deeply in Christ’s love, overflowing with life, freedom, service
relational, real, responsible, reflective, renewed
Relational: casual dress & seating; many ways to connect each week; Sunday school for children with caring teachers; monthly Birthday Blessing; monthly movie nights for teens & adults; annual booth at Lilburn Daze; monthly home-cooked lunch immediately after our worship service
Real: practical, interactive sermon / message focusing on God’s Word; opportunity to pray with others; small groups (including monthly men’s breakfast, weekly women’s Bible study, and more); Vineyard Institute classes; involvement with the Society of Vineyard Scholars
Responsible: regular Outreach Opportunities to directly help neighbors & nations; Prayer Shawl ministry; quarterly Adopt-a-road cleanup; occasional mission trips; practical assistance; weekly “Pray the News”; opportunities for life, growth, freedom, relationship, service
Reflective: weekly Communion celebration in which we pause to reflect on and remember Jesus Christ’s sacrifice for us; embracing the Father’s love; Zoom-at-noon daily prayer times throughout Lent and Advent; annual Contemplative Photography event; occasional women’s reflective retreats; annual churchwide creative prayer retreat; weekly pre-worship-service Zoom prayer gathering
Renewed: worship songs & prayers that help us experience the power and presence of God; Spirit-led gatherings; global Vineyard church movement; occasional Nights of Worship; occasional Baptisms; occasional Child dedications
“All the believers devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching, and to fellowship, and to sharing in meals (including the Lord’s Supper), and to prayer.” (Acts 2:42, NLT)
Liberty Vineyard Church (established 2013) is one of over 1500 congregations which form the Vineyard movement worldwide. Please click here to discover more about our Vineyard mission, values, objectives, and statement of faith.
Each year we have a special church birthday celebration in order to give thanks to God for all He has done in and through us. And just for fun, we have an annual design competition. At various times during the year we honor our Pastoral Care Team and all those who volunteer.
Come join us any time for anything you see mentioned on our website – all are welcome!