What to expect during a Sunday morning church service:
- Each service begins with a brief call to worship, followed by announcements of upcoming opportunities and ways to connect.
- We spend 20-30 minutes worshiping God in song, incorporating a celebration of Communion / the Lord’s Supper, when everyone present is invited to participate.
- Children are then invited to transition to Sunday School in our fellowship hall.
- Our next portion is affectionately called “Continuing the Conversation” as we share prayer needs and praise reports, then gather in groups (as desired) to pray for one another.
- A 20-30 minute biblical and practical sermon is then given.
- At the close of the service, there is an opportunity to receive personal prayer ministry.
- People are welcome to stay and visit with one another after the service (and many do!)
- Once a month we enjoy a potluck lunch together at a nearby park (soon we hope to again share weekly potluck lunches, a beloved part of our gatherings that has been paused during the pandemic).
- Special family-style services are held on Easter Sunday, Christmas Eve, and 5th Sundays (Testimony Sunday).
Growing deeply in Christ’s love, overflowing with life, freedom, service
relational, real, responsible, reflective, renewed
Relational: casual dress & seating; many ways to connect each week; Sunday school for children with caring teachers; monthly Birthday Blessing; monthly movie nights for teens & adults; annual booth at Lilburn Daze; monthly home-cooked lunch at a local park; home-cooked lunch following each service (on hold); regular prayer newsletters (on hold); Choose Your Adventure (on hold);
Real: practical, interactive sermon / message focusing on God’s Word; opportunity to pray with others; small groups (including monthly men’s breakfast, weekly women’s Bible study, and more); Vineyard Institute classes; Restoration Resources; involvement with the Society of Vineyard Scholars
Responsible: regular Outreach Opportunities to directly help neighbors & nations; Prayer Shawl ministry; quarterly Adopt-a-road cleanup; occasional mission trips; practical assistance; weekly “pray the news”; opportunities for life, growth, freedom, relationship, service; Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University (on hold); Awana Club for kids aged 2-18 (on hold); Celebration Singers kids’ choir with performances at an aged care facility (on hold)
Reflective: weekly Communion celebration in which we pause to reflect on and remember Jesus Christ’s sacrifice for us; embracing the Father’s love; annual Contemplative Photography event; occasional women’s reflective retreats; annual churchwide creative prayer retreat; weekly “I Am There” prayer gathering before each service (on hold)
Renewed: worship songs & prayers that help us experience the power and presence of God; Spirit-led gatherings; global Vineyard church movement; occasional Night of Worship; occasional Baptisms; occasional Child dedication
“All the believers devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching, and to fellowship, and to sharing in meals (including the Lord’s Supper), and to prayer.” (Acts 2:42, NLT)
Liberty Vineyard Church (established 2013) is one of over 1500 congregations which form the Vineyard movement worldwide. Please click here to discover more about our Vineyard mission, values, objectives, and statement of faith.
Each year we have a special church birthday celebration in order to give thanks to God for all He has done in and through us. And just for fun, we have an annual design competition. At various times during the year we honor our pastoral care team and all those who volunteer.
Come join us any time for anything you see mentioned on our website – all are welcome!